This feature is available to you through the Gear Icon, Tools then selecting Import Data. You can also access this tool by selecting Expenses tab, Expenses then Import Bills.
What can I import into QuickBooks?
Upload Your CSV File
- Please Preview what's required to import bills. There is also an example data file available.
- Once you're happy you have all the mandatory fields, please Browse & select your .csv file.
- Note: you are required to populate the Line Account field even if you are only in importing bill totals.
- Next you have the option to auto create any new suppliers that are not in QuickBooks Online. If you would like to auto create suppliers then please checkmark the checkbox and select Next.
Map Column Headings
- Note mandatory fields are marked as *.
- Select the date format you have used, e.g. D/M/YYYY
- Select your VAT option if applicable; Exclusive or Inclusive (option not available if VAT is not set up in QuickBooks)
- On the final mapping page please map your VAT codes to those of QuickBooks, then select Next.
- At this stage any mapping issues will be highlighted so you can go back and resolve them.
- Mapping completed, you will see a summary of your import as shown below. Select Start Import and the import process will begin.
- Once completed, an import summary will be displayed. Note any bills that didn't import and why, then select Done and you'll be greeted with a final completion summary, select OK to finish.
Capabilities & Limitations
What do I need to know?