Receiving a "Padding is Invalid and cannot be removed error" when adding a license in ProFile.
If the Entitlement Client is corrupt, it will cause ProFile to generate this error.
Go to the C:ProgramData - Note: the ProgramData folder is a hidden file.
Related: How to show hidden files and folder
- Open the GreenPoint folder
- Rename the gp.dat to gpOld.dat
- Go back and open the Intuit folder, then Entitlement Client and then the V8 folder
- Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file to EntitlementDataStoreOld.ecml
5. Close Windows Explorer, open ProFile and enter the license
Get in touch with other Accountants
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook