IssueDesignated printer selections are ignored by ProFile when printing T2 (2015-2018). The printing defaults instead to the first printer found on the list.
ExamplesThere are several examples where this behavior occurs.
In this example, the customers has assigned printers to specific forms, letters, and labels:
However, with the print issue ProFile instead assigns the first printer found on the list (“PrimoPDF” in this example) to each item, instead of that assigned by the customer.
In this example, the customers has activated the “Always use default printer” checkbox:
However, with the print issue ProFile instead ignores the checkbox designation and assigns the first printer found on the list (“PrimoPDF” in this example) to each item, instead of the default Windows printer.
In this example, the customer has designated specific printer trays for items in the “Category” list. For example, the client’s return is set to print to “Tray 1” and the client’s letter to “Tray 2” of the physical printer.
However, with the print issue ProFile does not recognize the letter/Tray 2 setting and prints the letter from Tray 1, along with the return.
WorkaroundIt is necessary to set the physical printer for each non-PDF print job.
1. Print all PDF jobs first.
2. Select the “Print Setup” option in the “File” drop-down menu in the top toolbar; the “Print Setup” window displays.
3. Select the item to print under the “Category” list:
4. Select the physical printer under the “Printer” drop-down menu:
5. If applicable, select the tray from the “Auto Tray Select” drop-down menu:
6. Click the “OK” button; the item prints to the physical printer.
7. Repeat the process for each item to be physically printed.
Note: if printing items to the same physical printer each time, it is not necessary to re-select the printer option.