When trying to activate a license in ProFile the following message appears:
ProFile has been activated the maximum number of times permitted for this license.
This is due to the license either being used more times than there are units available for use or it was not removed from an older machine before being transferred to a new one.
Deactivating a License
To delete a license from one machine (for example, an old machine) to activate it on another (for example, a new machine), follow the steps below:
1. On the old machine, open ProFile and select on Help -> License:
2. Click the Details button:
3. Left-click on the license to delete; it should show at the bottom of the window that the license code is valid and active:
4. Note this license number before deleting it, so that it can be entered activated on the new machine.
5. Click on the Delete Selected License button to delete the license:
Call ProFile support at 1-800-452-9970 to get your licenses reissued or to purchase additional licenses for your office.