About C++ library updates
ProFile version 2018.0.2 automatically installs new versions of Microsoft C++ libraries for customers. These updates are required for users to access new features in ProFile and improve performance.
Users may encounter the following reconfiguration request:
What causes this reconfiguration request?
If the C++ library install process is interrupted (e.g. a network issue) or a C++ library is being used by another application on the user’s computer at the time of the ProFile installation, the download of the library will be incomplete and an error will be encountered upon starting or using ProFile after updating.
What needs to be installed if an error is encountered?
ProFile users need to install up to three new versions of C++ libraries.
The following are examples of C++ libraries that may require installation:
- C++ 2010 (x86) Version 10.0.40219
- C++ 2012 (x86) Version 11.061030
- C++ 2013 (x86) Version 12.0.30501
How do ProFile users install new C++ versions?
The most-likely scenario in this use case is as follows:
The following message displays:
2. Click the “Yes” button.
The reconfiguration process starts. Users will see up to three “update” windows with requests to "Repair":
3. Users should click "Repair" for each request. The installation completes.
4. Close and restart ProFile after all updates are made.
Note: if ProFile is a workstation install, apply fixes to both the server and individual PCs.
If a ProFile customer encounters UAC errors during the redistributable update, accept (click "OK") any related prompts.
Additional Installation Scenarios/Fixes
If the above solution is not successful, attempt the following resolutions.
If ProFile users encounter an error message or failure of feature to work:
1. Close ProFile.
2. Download the gpsetup.exe file from the ProFile website.
3. Run the new gpsetup.exe file; the C++ library install process begins.
4. Click through all steps; the necessary C++ libraries download (may be up to three libraries).
5. Close and restart ProFile.
If issue persists:
1. Download the gpsetup.exe file from the ProFile website.
2. Run the new gpsetup.exe file; the C++ library install process begins.
3. Click through all steps; the necessary C++ libraries download (may be up to three libraries).
4. Close and restart ProFile.
If issue still persists:
1. Close ProFile.
2. Uninstall and reinstall ProFile.