When installing QuickBooks Desktop and you encounter the error message below, the Windows user account in use may be damaged or the network listed in the error is unavailable:
Error 1606: Could not access network location
To fix the issue, follow the solutions in the order shown.
Solution 1: Install QuickBooks using the Administrator user account
This account is usually managed by your computer technician or owner of the company.
- Restart your computer.
- Use the Windows Administrator username and password to sign in to your computer.
- Install QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Install QuickBooks in selective start up
Solution 3: Install QuickBooks using a new Windows Administrator user
- Create a new Windows user with Admin rights.
- Install QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 4: If you are running QuickBooks Desktop in Windows 7 installed in Parallels
- Sign out of your parallel and log back in.
- In the parallel Desktop, select Devices and click Shared Folders.
- Select Disconnect All (you will be logged out of the parallel).
- Sign back in and install QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 5: Resolve incorrect registry subkey
If you continue to receive the error, you may have an incorrect setting in a registry subkey. To correct the setting, contact your system or network administrator, computer consultant, or Microsoft support.