When attempting to purchase a OnePay return, the transaction results on either 'Unable to connect to the OnePay' site or receving an empty shopping cart. This can occur due to software updates. Updates for windows, anti-virus or security software. It may also be a permissions issue in the firewall. To resolve this issue, check the Windows Firewall, the anti-virus and other security software. Also check the system date in the machine.
Check the Anti-Virus settings
Ensure that ProFile has been added as an exception to the Anti-Virus running on the machine. Visit the software?s website for instructions on how to create program exceptions for the particular Anti-Virus and version.
Make sure that the Anti-Virus is up-to-date before creating exceptions. Always reboot the computer after creating exceptions
Internet Settings changed with Windows update
At times some settings can change with a Windows update. One such case is with the internet options.
Check the Internet Options:
- Go to Control Panel
Related: How to find the Control Panel on Windows 7, Windows 8 & 8.1 and Windows 10
- Select Network and Internet
- Click on Internet Options
- Go to Connections and click on LAN Settings
- Uncheck Automatically detect settings and Use a proxy server for your LAN
- Check the SSL connections under the Advanced tab
- Check the options under Privacy > Advanced and Override automatic cookie handling, set First and Third-parties Cookies to Accept and Always allow session cookies
Adding Permissions in Windows Firewall
Get in touch with other Accountants
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook