Installing the ProFile PDF Export on a local or workstation installation
1. Quit ProFile and any other Intuit software.
2. Open the Windows "Control Panel" and select "Devices and Printers".
3. Right-click on the "ProFile PDF Export" printer and select "Remove Device" - the Control Panel window can be closed.
4. Right-click on the ProFile icon on the desktop and select "Properties".
5. Click the button "Open File Location" to display ProFile folder contents. This location can also be found in the following:
- C:Program Files (x86)ProFile
- C:Program FilesProFile
- Through a mapped drive. For example, \My-ServerProFile
6. Open the "ProFile PDF Export" folder:
7. Right-click on the file "Install.exe" and select the option "Run as administrator:
The issue should be resolved.
If the issue has not been resolved, close ProFile and proceed with the next section below ("Checking the port").
Checking the port
1. Exit ProFile if it is running.
2. Open the Windows Control Panel and select "Devices and Printers".
3. Identify the "ProFile PDF Export" printer from the list of printers.
4. Right-click on "ProFile PDF Export" printer and select "Printer properties" from the menu.
5. Select the "Ports" tab.
6. In the "Ports" tab, ensure that the Port selected is the "NUL:" port:
7. If there are any other printers sharing this port, delete them or move them port to a different port.
8. Re-open ProFile.