Learn how to import journal entries from your accountant in QuickBooks Desktop .
QuickBooks makes it easy for you and your accountant to keep your books accurate. Your accountant can create journal entries in a copy of your company file. Then, they can send the journal entries to you so you can add them to your books. This gives you room to work while your accountant makes minor bookkeeping adjustments.
Here's how to import journal entries from your accountant.
Import journal entries for QuickBooks Desktop
- Download and save the journal entry file (QBJ file) your accountant sent you.
- Open your company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the File menu, select Utilities then Import.
- Select General Journal Entries.
- Find and select the QBJ file you saved.
- On the Add General Journal Entries window, you’ll see all the journal entries your accountant sent. You can uncheck entries you don’t want to add to your books. Just be sure to let your accountant know.
Note: If you can’t uncheck them, this means your accountant wants you to add all the journal entries to your books.
- Select Add GJEs, then OK.
The entries appear in registers, reports, and in the General Journal Entries window.