If you are using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, you can purchase or subscribe to Advanced Inventory which enables you to use:
- FIFO costing
- Multiple location inventory
- Bar code scanning
- Bin or lot tracking
- Serial or lot numbers
- Sales order fulfillment process (Site Operations)
To Turn on Advanced Inventory:
- From the Edit menu, select Preferences.
- On the left pane, choose Items & Inventory then go to the Company Preferences tab.
- Check the Inventory and Purchase Orders are Active box.
- Select the Advanced Inventory Settings button. If the button is greyed out even though you have purchased the feature, you will need to sync license data online so that QuickBooks recognizes it.
- In QuickBooks, choose Help > Manage my License > Sync License Data Online.
- Check that Advanced Inventory Settings is no longer greyed out.
- Close and re-open the QuickBooks program.
In case of sync failure
If Syncing fails on some but not all computers, there may be system-specific problems. Follow these troubleshooting steps.Note: These steps are for the Windows operating system, which is not an Intuit product. They can become complex if errors occur while repairing or uninstalling .Net Framework. If you are not comfortable doing these steps on your own, Intuit recommends you consult with your computer's manufacturer