This article will give you an overview on how to use the Add/Edit Multiple List Entries window to add and edit multiple customers, suppliers, service, inventory items, and non-inventory items. You can also copy and paste list information from Excel directly into QuickBooks using this window.
You can easily copy and paste information:
- From Excel to the Add/Edit Multiple List Entries window
- From one cell to another cell within the Add/Edit Multiple List Entries window
Note: This window is for your list information (name, description, and so on). You can't use it to enter transactions (invoices, bills, and so on) or to edit existing opening balances for customers and suppliers. Also, while you can't copy list data from QuickBooks to Excel, you can export it.
To Add/Edit Multiple List Entries:
- Open the Add/Edit Multiple List Entries window.
- Select the List drop-down arrow and select the list you want to work with.
- If you already have records in your list, you can filter it to see a particular record or set of records.
- Optionally, choose which columns you want to see in the Add/Edit Multiple List Entries window by selecting Customize Columns. This will help you focus on just the columns you want to work on.
- Add or edit entries in the list.
- To add entries, click in the first empty row at the end of the list and begin making your entries.
- To edit entries, select in any field and begin making changes.
- You can also copy (Ctrl+C) data from Excel and paste (Ctrl+V) it into the Add/Edit Multiple List Entries window.
- To copy the data in a specific field to the remaining records, simply highlight the desired field and right click then choose Copy Down.If data is in any of those remaining fields it will be overwritten.
- To duplicate a row simply place your cursor in any row, right-click and choose Duplicate Row. The record is duplicated into the next row and is preceded with the word "DUP."
- Select Save Changes. If there are errors, the list will clear all saved records (the View drop-down arrow changes to show only records with errors). Only those records with errors will remain on the list so you can make corrections. If there are no errors, the list with all saved records remains in view.
- Fix any errors that might appear.
- Select Save Changes and repeat the process until all errors are fixed.