When editing time that has already been accepted and sent to QuickBooks Online, you may be prompted to first delete the time from QuickBooks Weekly Timesheets to prevent duplication. If you do not receive this notice, you can proceed with editing, re-approving, and accepting/exporting as needed. If this notice appears, follow these steps:
Depending on where you were originally going to edit the timesheet, do one of the following:
Edit time in Quickbooks
- Select the + icon > Approve Time.
- Choose your date range and click the employee’s name to expand their details
- Select the timesheet row to display the timesheet details.
- Make your edits and select Save.
- Reapprove the time, and select Accept at the bottom. The updated timesheet(s) will be sent back into the Weekly Timesheets.
Edit time in QuickBooks Time
In the Timesheet Editor, select the lock icon at the top. Make your changes and select Save.
- In the Manual Time Card, select the lock icon to the left. Make your changes and select Save.
- Reapprove the time back in the Approvals Report.
- Select the QuickBooks dropdown > Export Approved Time. The updated timesheet(s) will be sent back into the Weekly Timesheets.