These instructions assume that you have an existing Expensify account. If you do not, first go to Expensify.com.
- In QuickBooks Time, in the left menu, go to Feature Add-ons > Manage Add-ons.
- Scroll down to Mobile App Integrations, and select Install.
- In the Mobile App Integrations Preferences window, select Add Trigger.
- In the Mobile App Trigger window, from the TRIGGER drop-down, select one of the following:
- Button (most common): Adds a Create Expense button to the team members' time cards on their mobile devices. Note: Only one app button can display at a time (for example, you cannot have an Active Hours button display along with an Expensify Create Expense button.)
- Clock Out: When a team member clocks out, Expensify opens.
- From the APP drop-down, select Expensify.
- Next to JOBS or CUSTOMERS, set the button to display when team members are clocking into all or individual jobs or customers.
- To have the button display when clocking into any job or customer, make sure this setting displays as all jobs or all customers.
- To have the button display when clocking into individual jobs or customers, choose all jobs or all customers, make your selections, and select Ok.
- Back in the Mobile App Trigger window, select Save.
After setting up the Expensify integration, you may want to direct team members to How to Submit an Expense in QuickBooks Time Using Expensify.