Entering cheques accurately is important for managing your business finances. With QuickBooks Online, you can record your cheques in a few easy steps while having full control on the information included in the form. At this time, turning off the auto-fill option for cheque numbers is not an option of the system. That being said, you’re able to edit the Cheque no. field and input the numbers you need. To do so, follow these steps:
To know more about the cheque functionality in QuickBooks Online, check this community article.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
I don't write checks anymore.
There are not check numbers when I use my debit card or online payments...
There should be an option to turn off the auto fill check numbers.
I am sure I am not the only one who has this issue.
Hi there. QBO automatically places the transaction numbers unless you turn on the Custom Transaction number feature and manually entered one in. The option allows you to assign one cheque number and the rest of the sequence follows.
You can enable/disable the feature in the Account and Settings page. Here’s how:
1. Go to the Gear icon and select Account and Settings.
2. Choose Sales in the left navigation pane.
3. Pick the pencil icon in the Sales form content section.
4. Check the box next to Custom transaction numbers.
5. Hit Save and then Done.
For more details, refer to this article: How to change the invoice number on sales forms and other transactions.
Now, you can create a cheque and manually enter the transaction number. Here’s how:
1. Click on the Plus (+) icon and select Cheque.
2. Choose a payee.
3. Enter the number in the Cheque no. field.
4. In the Account details section, fill in the necessary fields.
5. Once done, click on Save and close.
The steps above should get your cheque numbers back in order. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have further questions. I'm here to steer you in the right direction.
Enjoy the rest of your week! :)