ProFile users can electronically file (EFILE) the T1134 – Information Return Relating to Controlled and Not-Controlled Foreign Affiliates for your client in the T2 module.
The T1134 return can undergo EFILE before or after filing the T2 return.
EFILE the T1134 Return
1. Open the T1134 return undergoing EFILE.
2. Select the “EFILE the T1134” option from the “EFILE” drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
3. Click the “OK” button when presented with a request for confirmation.
Note: select the “Do not show this warning again” option to avoid seeing the confirmation message in subsequent EFILE efforts.
4. Clear any audit messages before transmitting the form.
If the return transmits successfully, ProFile displays a confirmation number. Retain this number for your records.
If the return transmission is unsuccessful, ProFile displays the errors identified by the CRA. Correct any errors and resubmit the return.
Amending a T1134 Return for a Supplementary Deletion
ProFile users can electronically amend a T1134 return that underwent EFILE and needs to be deleted.
1. Open the Supplementary to be deleted.
2. Select the “Delete Form” option from the “Form” drop-down menu.
3. Select the reason for deleting the Supplementary from the drop-down menu:
- Filed in error
The Supplementary is marked as “Deleted” for transmission to CRA.
Note: an amended return can only be filed electronically if the original return was filed electronically.