All preparers need to complete an authorization request on the CRA's "Represent a Client" website in order to access client information online.
Note: electronic filing of the RC59 and RC59X forms are now available for T2 module (review the article here). However, the mail application is still applicable for clients who do not wish to provide electronic access to preparers.
Form RC59 can no longer be used to authorize online client information access. Preparers can still use form RC59 to request access to client's information. However, the access provided by CRA will be by telephone or mail only.
To complete an online authorization request, use the "Represent a Client" method:
- Navigate to "Represent a Client" on the CRA website.
- Select the "CRA Login" option if you are already registered. If not, select the "CRA Register" option and complete the registration process first.
- From the Welcome page, select the "Review and update" option.
- Select the "Manage clients" tab. Select the "Authorization request" option on the tabe and follow the instructions.
- Print the signature page for your client to sign.
- Scan and send the signed copy of the signature page to CRA using Submit documents.
Preparers receive authorization and online access to your client's information in five days or less.