What is new?
Included in the 2018.2.0 and later ProFile release is a revised method for transmitting RL Slips for the FX module to Revenu Québec.
The new process eliminates the need to attach an .xml file to the RL slip transmission and instead transmits the information directly to Revenu Québec.
Setting credentials prior to transmission
The “Electronic Filing Options” window displays.
2. Select the “MRQ Slip Numbers” option under “T3/FX” on the left-side menu:
3. Enter the Magnetic Media slip numbers.
4. Select the “Transmitter” option under “T3/FX” on the left-side menu.
5. Enter the “Québec Transmitter Number”:
6. Select the “Contact information” option under “T3/FX” on the left-side menu:
The “Contacts” window displays.
7. Enter all requested contact information in the “Accounting” section; this is essential to avoid transmission errors. Requested contact information in the “Technical” section is optional to provide.
8. Click the “OK” button; the contact information saves.
9. Select the “Environment…” option from the “Options” drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
The “Environment Options” window displays.
10. Navigate to the “Preparer” tab.
11. Populate the fields under the “Preparer” section; this is essential to avoid transmission errors:
12. Enter the “Identification Number” in the tab:
13. Click the “OK” button; the settings save.
1. Open the return.
2. Select the “Transmit RL slips” option under the “EFILE” drop-down menu in the top toolbar:
The “Transmit RL slips” window displays.
3. Select the slip or slips to transmit.
4. Set the slip type in the “Type” column:
5. Click the “Next” button.
The “Ready to transmit” window summarizes the slip details:
6. Ensure all slip details are accurate before transmitting.
7. Click the “Transmit” button; the slip transmits:
A confirmation displays when the transmission completes successfully:
Printing transmission information
1. Click the “Print” button following the successful transmission; the “Print” window displays:
2. Set the preferred printer options.
3. Print the successful transmission information.
Review a transmission confirmation number
2. Select the “Properties” option from the “File” drop-down menu in the top toolbar.
The “File properties” window displays:
3. Select the transmitted slip from the “Action” menu:
The confirmation number displays underneath the slip list:
Troubleshooting RL slip issues
I received an error message when transmitting a slip…
An unsuccessful transmission error message details the cause of the failure:
Apply the suggested solution and attempt the filing again.
Why can't I find the .xml file generated by a slip transmission?
The new RL slip transmission process means that an .xml file is no longer generated and stored on the user's computer. The information is instead transmitted directly to Revenu Québec.
The RL slips that I am transmitting are “greyed out”…
In this instance, all slip options are “greyed out” and unable to be set:
1. Navigate to the “Info” worksheet of the return.
2. Confirm the “Are you internet filing slips” option is set to “Yes”:
3. Review the “MagMedia” tab in the ProFile active auditor.
If there is an error present in the tab, it may indicate that the necessary setup information for transmission is missing or incomplete.
4. Review the transmission setup information is complete and accurate and attempt the filing again.
How do I acquire a Transmitter Number?
A transmitter number was assigned to you by the Groupe de promotion de l'EDI et d'acquisition de données électroniques. It is formatted as “NP”, followed by six numerical digits (for example, NP646574).
If you do not have a transmitter number, complete the Transmitter Registration Form (ED-430-V) and submit it online.
How do I acquire an RL-1 slip number?
An eight-digit number was assigned to you by the Ministère du Revenu du Québec for electronic filing.