Find out what computer and browser you need for the best experience when using QuickBooks.
The requirements for your computer’s operating system, your internet speed, and your web and mobile browser vary depending on your system. For optimal QuickBooks Online performance, we recommended the following computer operating systems and internet speeds:
Recommended operating systems and internet speeds
- Windows PC: Windows 10, Intel Core i5 or comparable processor (2015 or newer) with at least 4 GB of RAM. Note: You need Adobe Reader 11.0 or higher to print forms.
- Mac: OS X "Panther" 10.13 or newer.
- Internet connection: 3 Mbps or higher.
Note: The QuickBooks Online app for your desktop isn't compatible with Linux operating systems like Ubuntu or Fedora, however you can open QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant, and QuickBooks Self-Employed in web browsers on Linux operating systems.
Minimum operating systems and internet speeds
The specs above are recommended, but QuickBooks will run with the following minimum systems and internet speeds:
- Windows PC: Windows 10, Intel Core i3 or a comparable processor (2013 or newer) with at least 2 GB of RAM.
- Mac: OS X El Capitan 10.11 or newer.
- Internet connection: 1.5 Mbps.
Learn more about QuickBooks products and which is best for your business. For more information, visit QuickBooks homepage.