Learn how to change the income account for any of your product or service items in QuickBooks Online.
Need to use a different income account for your product or service item? Follow the steps below to change it in just a few steps and ensure your company has an accurate record of your transactions.
Change the income account for your items
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Products and Services.
- From the Action column of the appropriate item, select Edit.
- From the Income account ▼ drop-down, choose the account you want to use. Can't see the account? Make sure the account's detail type is Sales of Product Income.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Chart of Accounts.
- From the Action drop-down of the account, select Edit.
- Change the detail type to Sales of Product Income if necessary.
- Select Save and close.
Note: You can only change the account for an item one at a time.