How do I remove the balance forward from previous invoices to the same customer from an invoice.
A balance forward is a transaction that brings the remaining account balance from the previous fiscal year into the new fiscal year. I know how important it is to record this properly in your account. If you have to delete the balance forward statement, you can do so easily. I'll explain the steps below.
First you'll have to locate the balance forward statement you need to delete.
To view the balance forward statements you created already:
1. Go to the Sales menu and select All Sales.
2. Select the Filter drop-down▼ menu. Then, in the Type drop-down▼, select Statements.
3. Select the Date drop-down▼, and which option you'd like to use.
4. Select the Customer drop-down▼, then All, or the customer you'd like to see statements for.
Once you've located the balance forward statement you'd like to delete, click to open it. Next, select Delete on the bottom of the screen.
If you need to re-record a balance forward, follow these steps:
1. Go to Sales and select Customers.
2. Choose the customer name from the list.
3. From the Transaction List tab, click the Date drop-down to see the date of the first transaction.
4. Now, pick Statement from the New Transaction drop-down.
5. Select Balance Forward as Statement Type.
6. Enter the date of the first transaction on the Start Date box.
7. Hit Apply.
That's all there is to it. I hope this helps get you back on track. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our tech support team.