In the same way that your customers and employees trust you with their information, Intuit is committed to securing your information by providing advanced security tools and systems.
What is multi-factor authentication?
Passwords, on their own, aren't always secure; if someone gets your password, they can access your account and make unauthorized changes. We want to protect your account by making sure it's really you.
Multi-factor authentication is a security enhancement on top of the usual password requirement. This works as an extra layer of security wherein a one-time confirmation code is given when you log in. It provides extra protection against password thieves. You receive the security code through your email or mobile device.
Change Google Authenticator in QuickBooks Online
Follow the below steps to link your Intuit account to a Google Authenticator:
- Go to accounts.intuit.com
- Sign in using your Intuit credentials. When prompted to use a code from Authenticator app, select I don't have a code. You'll be guided to request a code via text message.
- SelectÂ Sign in & security, then Two-step verification.
- In the Two-step verification section, select Turn Off. You will then be asked to enter your password to proceed.
- Select Turn on Authenticator app to turn it back on.
- Follow the next steps to receive a new QR code.
- Enter the code to link to your new device, then select Verify and save.
What is two-step verification?
You can also set up two-step verification for your account.
Two-step verification is a setting in QuickBooks Online where you need to verify, using a code, that you're the one accessing your account every time. This disables the usual multi-factor authentication process that gives you the option for voice call, text, or email.
|Note: Email won't be an option when this is enabled.|
Set up two-step verification
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online account
- Select the Intuit Account icon at the top right, then Manage your Intuit Account.
- Select Sign in & security.
- In the Two-step verification section, select Turn on.
- Choose how you would like to be contacted, Text message or Voice call.
- Text message is a standard six-digit verification text code.
- Voice call is an automated voice verification code in English only.
- Select Turn on.
- Enter the verification code, then select Continue.