To delete a Sales Tax Payment:
- Go to the Taxes menu.
- Select the Tax Agency you want to delete a sales tax payment from.
- Select the Payments tab and find the sales tax payment you want to delete.
- In the Action column, select the dropdown arrow and then Delete.
Troubleshooting common errors:
If you see an error message, it's most likely because the sales tax payment has been matched to a banking transaction:
“An error occurred while deleting the transaction. We're sorry, we can't delete filed tax right now. Please try again later.”
To fix this:
- Go to the Banking menu or Transactions menu.
- Select the account that was used to pay for the sales tax payment.
- Select the In QuickBooks tab, then find the transaction with the correct date and amount for the payment.
- Once the matched payment has been located, select Undo. Then follow the steps above to delete the sales tax payment as normal.