To delete a Sales Tax Payment:
- Select Taxes from the left menu.
- Select the Tax Agency for which you wish to delete a Sales Tax Payment.
- Select the Payments tab and locate the Sales Tax Payment you wish to delete.
- In the Action column, select the drop-down arrow and choose Delete.
Troubleshooting common errors:
If you receive the following error, its most likely happening because the sales tax payment has been matched to a banking transaction:
“An error occurred while deleting the transaction. We're sorry, we can't delete filed tax right now. Please try again later.”
To fix this:
- Select Banking from the left menu.
- Select the account that was used to pay for the sales tax payment.
- Select the In QuickBooks tab, then find the transaction with the correct date and amount for the payment.
- Once the matched payment has been located, select undo on the right, then follow steps above to delete the sales tax payment as normal.