This is where you can set up an employee's payroll tax withholdings (i.e. Federal and Provincial taxes, CPP & EI) based on their personal federal and provincial tax claim return forms. These source deductions are remitted based on the frequency you choose.
- Select the Employee and choose edit.
- Navigate to the Taxes tab.
- The tax settings for federal and provincial claims will default to the minimum allowable claim amounts.
- If you want to have more tax deducted each pay cheque, you can add a percentage or dollar amount in the Add Additional field.
- The Tax Settings will default to Yes to withhold income tax & No for CPP and EI exemptions. These settings may be adjusted if necessary.
- Save when completed.
Using standard QuickBooks Online Payroll? Click here.