Learn what to do if you see Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties.
Sometimes, when you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop, you might see one of these error messages:
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Note: Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users: You may experience this issue if you open the file before you save it. You must first save the file before you import the .QBO file.
Solution 1: Run the 3371 Error Fix from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps fix common errors.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop).
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Note: If you can't find the icon, do a search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the program.
Step 2: From the Tool Hub, run the 3371 Error Fix
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select Installation Issues.
- Select 3371 Error Fix.
- Select OK.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.
Solution 2: Clean install QuickBooks Desktop
Clean install QuickBooks Desktop. If you still see the error after a clean install, you’ll need to work with a qualified IT professional or contact Microsoft. There may be damage to your Windows Operating System.