If part of the page in QuickBooks Online is cut off or there is no scroll bar to view the rest of the page from, here are a few areas to check:
The browser's zoom settings
Note: The zoom function can be easily activated without you getting any notifications.
- If the page is bigger than the browser window, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and the minus (-) key repeatedly to zoom out and make the page smaller. Ctrl and the plus (+) key will zoom in and make the page larger.
- If you have a wheel on your mouse, you can also hold the Ctrl key down then move the mouse wheel forward or back.This will work on any page that is either too big or too small, not just QuickBooks Online.
- On the upper right, select the menu icon (it looks like a three-dotted line).
- From the menu icon, locate the Zoom option.
- When you find that the page is bigger than the browser window, select the minus (-) icon to zoom out and make the page smaller or choose the plus (+) to zoom in and make the page larger. It should be set to 100% or lower to display the full page.
- This will work on any page that's either too big or too small, not just QuickBooks Online. If this doesn't solve the problem, proceed to the next step.
The computer's display settings
To display all pages properly, QuickBooks Online requires these settings:
- Screen resolution set to 1024x768 or higher
- Dots-per-inch (DPI) set to "Normal" or "100%"
Note: We recommend that you maximise the browser window for working in QuickBooks Online, particularly if your resolution is 1024x768.
Here's how you can check these settings on your computer:
- Right-click any blank spot on the desktop then choose Screen Resolution. Make sure that the screen resolution is set to 1024x768 or higher.
- Select Make text and other items larger or smaller and make sure that the DPI is set to Smaller - 100%.
- On the upper left, select the Apple menu then choose System Preferences.
- Select Displays. Make sure that the screen resolution is set to 1024x768 or higher.