Prepare your ROS VAT submission
- Sign up for ROS.
- You should allow at least five working days to complete the registration process.
- Make sure your last direct debit has come out of your bank account before you sign up.
- You must wait for confirmation from Revenue after you sign up to ROS. Do not attempt to authorise QuickBooks Online or submit a VAT return without the confirmation from Revenue.
- it takes three working days for updates to take effect.
- If you haven't received an email from ROS, a password will be issued to you by post following successful registration.
- Learn more after signing up here on the Revenue website.
Complete your ROS VAT submission
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
- Confirm that the VAT number is correct and valid. Do not use any letters, spaces, or special characters.
- Confirm that the start of the current VAT return is correct.
- Confirm that you have the right filing frequency. It should be monthly, quarterly, or annual.