This article is for small businesses that have signed up for Revenue Online Service (ROS).
If you would like to use the bridging software provided by Intuit to submit a VAT return digitally through ROS you will need an active Quickbooks Online subscription.
File a VAT return through our bridging software:
- Go to VAT.
- Select the ▼ dropdown arrow next to Prepare return and select Submit with a spreadsheet.
- On the Submit with bridging software page, verify your client's VAT number and VAT period you've selected. If all the information is correct, select Browse, then select the CSV file containing your client's VAT information, and then select Next.
- If your CSV file has multiple sheets, you need to specify the sheet that contains the transactions that make up your VAT return.
- Once you have selected the sheet required you need to enter the first cell from your CSV file. Once you have entered the correct cell, QuickBooks will automatically populate the relevant data from your CSV file.
- Check the fields populated in QuickBooks Online. If the numbers match, select Review return to proceed.
- On the next page, select I declare the information is true and complete, then select Submit to Revenue.
- QuickBooks Online will now attempt to connect to Revenue and submit your VAT return.
- Once the submission is successful, a confirmation message below is displayed. Select Done to return to the VAT centre.
- The status of your return has now changed to Accepted.