Learn how to export customer information from QuickBooks Online to Excel.
There are two ways to export your customer information to Excel. The first is from the Customers page, and the other is from the Reports page. Each method will result in a different result, and will affect the information you can export to Excel.
Export customer data from the Customers page
If you export from the Customer page, you'll be able to export information like Customer, Company, Address, Phone number, Email Address, Attachment, Open Balance, and Notes.
- Go to Get paid & pay and select Customers (Take me there).
- Select the Export to Excel icon next to the Print icon.
Export customer data from the Reports page
If you export from the Reports page, you can customise the customer information you want to export to Excel. This is more advantageous if you’re looking for something more specific or want the capability to customise information.
- Go to Business overview and select Reports (Take me there).
- Under the Sales and Customers section, select Customer Contact List.
Note: You can modify this report by selecting Customise.
- Under Rows/Columns dropdown, select Change columns.
- Add your desired columns, then select Run report.
- (Optional) If you have plans to run this exact same report some other time, select Save customisation at the upper right.
- Select the Export icon next to the Print icon, then choose Export to Excel.