Learn more about error -81624 and why you may not be able to complete the card payment process for your QuickBooks Online subscription.
What is Error 81624?
The error -81624 is a result of the bank blocking or failing to authorise or validate a payment transaction related to QuickBooks. If you can’t pay for your QuickBooks Online subscription because of error -81624, don’t worry we have a few things you can do to help resolve this.
What can you do to fix error 81624?
- Clear your cache and cookies or try update your payment details using a private browser.
- Make sure all your card billing information is correct and up to date.
- Make sure that the billing address in your QuickBooks company file matches the address on your card.
- Make sure your contact number is formatted correctly, using the +area code.
- Make sure there are no special characters or symbols (such as @ or *) in your billing address. Special characters will cause errors.
- Try to pay later. The system or connection may be available later that day.
- Use a different card. The balance, card type or permissions of a different card may allow the payment.
- Contact your bank manager to make sure QuickBooks is approved to bill your account, they may need to do some checking from their end. For PayPal: contact PayPal and/or the banking institution that is linked to PayPal.
If you're still unable to make payment after following these troubleshooting steps, reach out to our customer support team.