Learn how to integrate your stock levels between e-commerce systems with OneSaas and QuickBooks Online.
QuickBooks Connector (OneSaas) typically has the ability to integrate stock levels between e-commerce systems and QuickBooks Online. Stock control features can often be a part of your QuickBooks Online.
Learn how QuickBooks Connector works
- QuickBooks Connector pulls product data from both e-commerce and QuickBooks Online. This includes the SKU/Product Code and product name.
- QuickBooks Connector will then match products between the two systems based on SKU/Product Code.
- If the stock level option is selected, QuickBooks Connector will check your QuickBooks Online for stock levels and then carry this across to the e-commerce system.
- Going forward, your QuickBooks Online will alert QuickBooks Connector if there have been any stock level updates.
When a sale is made in the e-commerce system, stock levels are processed in the following method:
- QuickBooks Connector pulls sales invoices from the e-commerce system and pushes this to your QuickBooks Online.
- Your QuickBooks Online takes the sale along with the product data and recalculates the stock levels internally.
- QuickBooks Connector detects the change in stock levels and passes these updates back to the e-commerce system.
Learn about QuickBooks Connector’s limitations
- QuickBooks Connector can’t pull stock levels from one e-commerce system and push this to another e-commerce system. The reason for this restriction is because there is no stock-level control if a sale is made.
- QuickBooks Connector can’t pull stock levels, cost prices, and tax details from e-commerce system and push this to QuickBooks Online products.
- QuickBooks Connector will only create products in QuickBooks if the items from the e-commerce system are set to track or manage stock. If the items aren’t set up to track stock from e-commerce, regardless of the setting, we will only create the products in QuickBooks as non-inventoried.
- If there were any manual changes made to stock levels within e-commerce systems, these will only be overwritten when QuickBooks Connector receives new updates from QuickBooks Online.
The reason for this is because we don’t get any notifications from the e-commerce system when stock is manually updated. We will only trigger stock sync on that product if an update is detected in QuickBooks Online.