Learn how to change your billing schedule for your QuickBooks Online plan.
When you’re ready, here’s how to change your payment schedule. After completing the steps below, we’ll send you an email to let you know about your new plan details.
If you are subscribed to a QuickBooks Online plan
- Go to Settings ⚙, then Account and Settings.
- Select Billing & Subscription.
- Select Switch to monthly billing or Switch to annual billing.
- Select Switch, then Done.
If your QuickBooks Online plan is on free trial
- Select Subscribe Now.
- Complete all the details required.
- In your subscription summary, select Annual Billing or Monthly Billing.
- Select Subscribe, then OK, got it.
Will I get a refund?
You'll get a credit on your new plan based on the unused portion of your old plan.
Switching from an annual to a monthly plan? You’ll also get a refund for any unused portion of your old plan that we can't roll over as credit on your new plan.
Note: If you have a credit from your annual plan, a message will show on the Switch to monthly billing page under Payment method. If you get a discounted price, you will be charged the full price when the discount period ends.