If you encountered this error while resaving a bill or invoice in QuickBooks, read on for more information and what to do to resolve the error.
The error is caused because of a detected discrepancy in the round off figure in the bill or invoice. QuickBooks rounds off to the nearest 1 rupee depending on which side of .50 the decimal is. For instance,
- if the invoice/bill total before round off is 1250.49, it would be rounded off downwards to 1250. A round off value of -0.49 will be applied.
- if the invoice/bill total before round off is 1431.75, it would be rounded off upwards to 1432. A round off value of 0.25 will be applied.
Do note that QuickBooks permits alteration of the round off amount. So a user will not be prevented from rounding off 1250.49 to 1251 by applying 0.51 in round off. This would, however, cause the captioned error when this transaction is edited and re-saved.
Here's what you can do to fix the error.
- Make the intended change to the transaction. For example, you may be making a change to the statement memo, description or adding an attachment.
- Remove the round off value from the Roundoff field.
- Click Save at the bottom of the transaction.
- QuickBooks will throw the same error again.
- Re-enter the round off value (removed in Step 2) in the Roundoff field.
- Click Save once more.
You may also refer on How to round off the final amount of the transaction