In order to write off invoices in bulk, you need to login into your QuickBooks Online company as an Accountant.
To write off invoices:
- Login to the QuickBooks Company as an Accountant.
- Click on the gear icon or Company Name on the upper right.
- From the Accountant section, select Write Off Invoices.
- Use the Drop down at the top of the list to specify the Invoices that should be written off (Ageing, transaction date, or open balance)
- Select the Invoice(s) to write off by checking the box to the left of the invoice.
- At the bottom of the screen, select the Write-Off Account (Default is Bad Debt)
- Click Preview and Write-Off.
- Confirm the results of the write-off and click the Write-Off button.
- Close Close.
At this point a discount will be applied to the invoice(s) that will post to the account selected in the Write-Off Account selection.