Learn how to set a default date range in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
In QuickBooks Online Accountant, you can set a default date range in your client's company file. Once set, all reports and tools (except Payroll) will open automatically to that date range, rather than to the client's default report settings.
|Note: To use this tool, you must be an Accountant user for the client company in which you're working in QuickBooks Online. See Invite an accountant to your QBO company.|
Set a default date range
To set your default Reports options date range, follow these steps:
- From QuickBooks Online Accountant, select GO TO QUICKBOOKS, then the client's name.
- Select the Toolbox icon, located in the Accountant Toolbar
- Select Reports options from the dropdown list.
- Select a default Date from the dropdown list, or specify the From and To dates for the date range of all reports and tools you open.
- (Optional) Select a default Basis (Cash or Accrual), if necessary.
Once you set a report date range, all reports and tools (except Payroll which is a separate product), will now default to these date settings.