If you recently changed the bank account username or password on your financial institution's or bank's website for an account you connected to QuickBooks Online, you'll need to update the credentials in QuickBooks Online to reflect the change.
|Note: You can't change your financial institution login information in QuickBooks Online. You need to log in to your financial institution's website first to make the change.|
- Select Banking.
- Select Update. Make sure you have selected the appropriate account. QuickBooks Online tries to connect to your bank to manually update your account.
- Enter your updated username and password in one of the following ways:
- If Error 103 appears, select the Reconnect my account link and enter your new username or password.
- If no error message appears, select the Edit ✎ next to the bank name, select Edit sign-in info, and enter your updated bank website username or user ID and password.
- Select Save and connect. QuickBooks Online will try to connect with your bank to verify your information.
- Once you see a confirmation message, select I'm done, Let's go!
Now, your credentials are updated and you are connected to your bank website.