If your Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, and Accounts Receivable Ageing Reports don’t match up, it’s usually because the Ageing Report defaults to Current.
Change the ageing method to report the date
- Open the A/R Ageing report.
- Select Customise.
- Select Ageing.
- Under Ageing Method, choose Report Date.
- Select Run report.
After finishing this process, your report will balance to the Balance Sheet/Trial Balance.
|Tip: Be sure that the Balance Sheet / Trial Balance is run using Accrual as the reporting method.
Need more help?
If you're still having problems, consider the following items:
- If a bill has been paid today it won’t show.
- Make sure the date range on the reports match.
- Be sure you're comparing the correct numbers.
- On your A/R Ageing report you want to match the Open Balance to your Balance Sheet / Trial Balance amount for Accounts Receivable.