At QuickBooks we work hard to ensure that we provide the best products and services for customers, to help you succeed.
On 31 October 2018, QuickBooks Self Employed (QBSE) will no longer be available in Singapore, Hong Kong, and South Africa.
You will still have access to your data within the app until 31 October, after this time QBSE will no longer be available. Please make sure you download your data before then.
We’d like to help you to move your accounts to QuickBooks Online (QBO) Simple Start. To do this, please contact a QuickBook Sales Specialist using the number in the email we sent you or visit your local QuickBooks site:
How long will I have access to my account?
While we have removed the QuickBooks Self-Employed app from App Store and Google Play, you can still log in and update your mobile app until 31 October 2018.
Are there other apps I can use?
We also offer QuickBooks Online. It includes invoicing and the basic accounting/finance functionality. You can access your accounts from any device and have the added support of online chat with a QuickBooks expert.
What do I need to do?
You will need to get a copy of your data before then. You can export all of your reports for your Profit and Loss (PDF) and Transaction logs (PDF).
Note: At this time, there is no built in migration or upgrade path from QuickBooks Self-Employed to QuickBooks Online, so be sure to retain your QuickBooks Self-Employed data for your records.
To create a report:
- Open the Gear or ☰ menu
- Select Reports.
- Choose the desired report (Profit and Loss statement or Transactions log).
- Choose the preferred date range.
- For Transaction log reports, choose the Type you'd like to include (All, Business, Personal, or Unreviewed).
- Confirm/edit the email address.
- Click Send
Once you’ve ensured you have all the date you need from your QuickBooks Self-Employed account, you have the option to cancel your account yourself. To cancel your account:
Cancelling on iOS:
- Tap Settings from your phones home screen.
- Tap App and iTunes Stores.
- Tap your Apple ID and then View Apple ID. Make sure you're signed in.
- Under Subscriptions, tap Manage.
- Tap QuickBooks Self-Employed, and turn off Automatic Renewal to cancel a subscription.
Here’s more information.
>Cancelling on Android:
- Open the Google Play store
- Tap the ☰ menu in the upper left-hand corner.
- Tap My Account
- Scroll down to Subscriptions, find QuickBooks Self-Employed, and tap Cancel. Take note of the date in the confirmation dialog. Since you are already charged for the full month's subscription, your subscription will cancel after that date. You will have access to all your data until then.
Here's more information.
Thank you for being one of the 4.3 million customers worldwide choosing QuickBooks to help manage their business finances.
If you have additional questions, you can contact our support team here or contact us to switch to QuickBooks Online. Important: there is no built in migration or upgrade path built in between QuickBooks Self-Employed to QuickBooks Online at this time, so make sure you've exported all your data from QuickBooks Self-Employed to retain for your records!