Hi all, this is an issue I have been having on and off for at least a year, possibly 2 now. I have reported it to Quickbooks support who, as usual, were not very helpful and were going to pass on my feedback to development. My last 2 GoCardless deposits have failed to auto-match, is this happening for anyone else?
The issue is that GoCardless transfer the money to my bank account and then in the bank feed this transaction does not match to a deposit. The fix is to go to GoCardless, look up the details of the deposit to see which invoices it covers, then manually create a deposit in Quickbooks and select the invoices then add the GoCardless fees at the bottom so the deposit matches. This takes a lot of time when the deposit covers a lot of invoices i.e. recurring invoices for monthly subscriptions I provide to my clients.
This is a pain, I pay for Quickbooks to make my life easier and at the moment Quickbooks is making my life a lot harder. Whenever I have tried to make a complaint I am advised to send the complaint to the support rep I am dealing with and they will pass it on, I don't tend to hear anything back and nothing gets done (AMEX bank feeds still not working, no solution for automatically handling VAT on GoCardless fees, and now GoCardless deposits do not auto-match).
If anyone else has this issue and has found a better fix then I'd appreciate it if you could help me!
Welcome to the Community page,
For the two that failed, are the transaction for the same amount? Can you see the GoCardless invoice and the bank feed transactions?
Could you send us some screenshots of the transactions that are involved so we can take a closer look into this issue you are having with GoCardless and the deposits not automatically matching, thanks.
In regards to Amex bank, we are still working with the bank to get this resolved, it is taking a lot longer than we hoped and expected, but soon as we get any updates we will inform our customers. We do not have an ETA of when this will be resolved.
This is also happening to me. It's to do with the GoCardless fees and how the vat is allocated (exclusive/inclusive). It's happened on several transactions over the last 2 months. I found a workaround a few weeks ago but didn't write it down and now can't figure out how to resolve the problem. Have we got a solution?
I know that this hasn't been easy for you, Ribble Valley Dance.
Please know that we've already raised this GoCardless deposit issue to our engineers. Currently, they're still conducting a series of tests and investigations to find the root cause and resolve this issue. While we're working on this, you'll want to give us a quick chat so we can add your contact information to our notification lists.
When we get this sorted out, you'll receive an email update. Here's how to connect with us:
Once you're in, please provide this investigation number to our representative for a faster transaction: INV-52217. In the meantime, you'll want to consider manually changing the amount of the GoCardless deposits so you'll able to match them to the corresponding bank feed transactions.
I've also enclosed some articles that will help you streamline the categorization and review process of your downloaded bank transactions:
Don't hesitate to visit and add a reply to this thread again if you have any other concerns. I'll always have your back.
The workaround seems to be to open the Chart of Accounts, find the bank account the GoCardless deposit was made to, find the deposit and click edit, at the bottom where it shows the GoCardless Fee change the "Amounts are" to "Exclusive of VAT" then change the VAT code to No VAT and the figures should fix themselves.
It looks like Quickbooks is entering in the GoCardless fee then adding VAT to it when the GoCardless fee should just be set as inclusive of VAT.