Note: This topic applies to you if you're using GoCardless for QuickBooks. Learn more about GoCardless
After you connect to GoCardless, there are just a few more steps to go through before you can start collecting payments through Direct Debit. If you need to go through your setup see Settings for GoCardless for QuickBooks
important: You can start using Direct Debit to collect payment only if you have active mandates or after your mandate requests are approved and processed by the customer's bank.
To start using GoCardless:
- Make sure your settings are correct.
- Manage mandates within GoCardless.
- Schedule Direct Debit payments.
- Open an invoice and from the Choose a customer drop-down, select a customer who has an active mandate.
- Select Schedule Direct Debit.To make this a recurring payment, select Enable Recurring Payments at the bottom of the page then schedule the payment interval, and the start and end dates.
- Select the Terms of payment (this fills in the Invoice date and Due date), fill in the line items and other details.
- Select Save to send later or Save and send. If this is a recurring Direct Debit, select Save template.
For more information about GoCardless, refer to the following articles: