As part of our process to upgrade to open banking connections, customers who currently have Allied Irish Bank connections are require to re-validate your account in QuickBooks.
To upgrade your existing, follow the steps below:
- Select Banking on the left menu.
- On your AIB bank card, go to the For review section and accept or exclude all the transactions.
- Once done, you need to disconnect the account:
- Select the pencil ✎ icon in the account card and select Edit account info.
- When the account information window appears, scroll to the bottom and select on Disconnect this account on save.
- Select Save and close. Note: this will make the card icon disappear from the banking screen. The account has not been deleted and can be found in your chart of accounts along with any transactions.
- You can now reconnect the bank account. To do this:
- Go to the Banking tab and select Add Account.
- Search for AIB (ROI) and follow the instructions on screen to re-establish that accounts bank connection.
Why is this happening?
This is part of the process to upgrade all bank connections to Open Banking connection, a new UK legislation that comes into effect on 14th March 2020.
Having your bank connected in QuickBooks offers the benefits below:
- Fast, easy and secure set-up in less than one minute
- See all your business finances in one place
- Save time and hassle with synchronised solutions
- Manage your cash flow with real-time data and future forecasting