Learn what to do if you see these errors in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Self-Employed.
Bank error 102 and 105 usually means there may be a problem from your bank's end. Their website may be undergoing maintenance or have server issues. This can stop the online bank connection to QuickBooks. Here's what to do if you see error 102 or 105.
Solution 1: Manually update your bank connection
Errors 102 and 105 usually resolve within 24 hours. In the meantime, you can manually update the online bank connection in QuickBooks.
In QuickBooks Online
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online.
- Go to the Banking menu or Transactions menu.
- Select Update.
In QuickBooks Self-Employed
- Sign in to QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Select the profile ⚙ icon and then Bank accounts.
- Select Refresh all.
If you still see an error, wait for 2 to 3 hours and try again.
Solution 2: Check your bank or credit card's website
Check the bank and credit card's website to make sure everything is working on their end.
- Sign in to your bank or credit card's website. If you can't sign in, reach out to your bank or credit card company about the next steps.
- Look for any messages, notifications, or alerts. These should tell you if something isn't working.
- Review your account pages, account history, and transactions. If you can't see these, there may be connection issues.
|Is your account new? If your bank or credit card account is new, it may not be available to connect to online banking right away. Reach out to your bank or credit card company if you keep seeing error 102 or 105.|
If everything looks good, follow "Solution 1: Manually update your bank connection" to refresh the connection in QuickBook once more, as your bank will need time to fix everything if there are issues.
Still see error 102 or 105? After 48 hours, reach out to our support team so we can help.