Learn how to deactivate Bank Feeds for an account.
You can use Bank Feeds to get transactions from your bank and import them to QuickBooks.
If you ever need to disconnect a specific account from your bank, follow the steps to deactivate Bank Feeds. You may need to deactivate Bank Feeds in QuickBooks Desktop when:
- You no longer need to import transactions.
- You cancel your accounts with your financial institution.
- Your bank stops supporting Bank Feeds.
Remember to contact your financial institution directly for everything else about your accounts.
Step 1: Finish your online banking
Before deactivating Bank Feeds, make sure you match or delete all of the downloaded transactions for the account. QuickBooks won’t let you make changes if there are still pending transactions.
Step 2: Deactivate Bank Feeds
You can disconnect your accounts from Bank Feeds one at a time.
QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
- Go to Lists and then select Chart of Accounts.
- Right-click the account you want to deactivate. Then select Edit Account.
- Go to the Bank Settings tab.
- Select Deactivate all online services and then OK to confirm.
- Select Save & Close.
After you disconnect your account, QuickBooks won’t download new transactions.
If you see an error or can’t disconnect an account, here’s how to fix Bank Feed errors.