Online banking at QuickBooks allows you to connect your bank transactions to your QuickBooks account. This means you can avoid lengthy data entry for your business and use your time to do what you love.
QuickBooks supports standard feed connection for most of UK’s banks and financial institutions.
To establish direct feeds in your QuickBooks account, follow the step-by-step guide:
- Select Banking from the left menu. This will open the Bank and Cards page.
- If you already have an account connected click Add account in the upper right.
- Enter the name of your bank in the Search bar or select it from the tiles below.
- Enter your login details that you use for online banking and select Continue.
- Click Agree. You may be asked to enter additional sign-in information by your bank at this stage. Simply follow the onscreen instructions as required.
- QuickBooks allows you to connect multiple accounts linked to the same account or card. Select the bank accounts you want to connect.
- Select Connect.
QuickBooks Online will download the past 90 days of transactions. This could take a few minutes. If you need less than 90 days, select Want a shorter time period? If you need more than 90 days, import bank transactions from CSV to QuickBooks.
After your download finishes, you'll be taken back to the Banking page to review and add your transactions to QuickBooks Online.
Note: When completing the step 6, you may see the below error:
'Account name' is already linked to a bank feed. Select a QuickBooks account without an existing bank connection.
This error is referring to the QuickBooks account. You can only have one connection to a bank account in QuickBooks, so you will need to select a new or different account.