Once your account is set up for Bank Feeds in QuickBooks Desktop, you can finally start downloading transactions from your financial institution (FI) through Web Connect.
|This article is part of a series that covers basic information about Bank Feeds in QuickBooks for Windows.|
A few reminders before downloading transactions:
- Back up the QuickBooks company file prior to any download or import so you can always start over if needed.
- It is not possible to download transactions into the same QuickBooks Desktop company file more than once. However, your financial institution may be able to “release” the transactions on their side so QuickBooks can download them again. You need to contact your FI to see if they have this capability.
- Currently, only Web Connect files (.QBO) can be imported into QuickBooks Desktop.
- QFX and QIF files are Quicken financial data files that cannot be imported into QuickBooks Desktop. There may be more options to import QIF files into QuickBooks by using a third party application available at Intuit Marketplace.
- Some banks provide the option to select a (from/to) date range of transactions for download. If your bank does not provide this option, you will receive the maximum number of transactions allowed by your financial institution the first time you download. This may be 30, 60, 90 days, or more.
- Every website is unique. If you're not sure how to access the QuickBooks Web Connect file (.QBO) from your bank, go to the bank's website and type "QuickBooks" in the search field. Most participating financial institutions will provide detailed instructions. If none are found, contact your bank for assistance.
There are two ways to download transactions via Web Connect:
- Access your bank’s website through a web browser outside QuickBooks.
- Log in to your bank account using your customer ID and PIN or password.
- Download your online transaction activity via QuickBooks Web Connect (.QBO) file.
- Import web connect (.qbo) files.
- Access your bank's website within QuickBooks.
- From the Bank Feeds centre, choose the appropriate bank.
- Select Download Transactions.
- A QuickBooks browser window opens and displays your bank's website. Use your customer ID and PIN or password.