|A note on COVID-19: We recognise that with the constantly changing COVID-19 situation, this is an unprecedented time for everyone. If you think you may need to cancel your subscription due to impacts from COVID-19, please contact us by calling 0808 168 4280. We're here to help you look at pricing options, answer questions, or just make sure things go smoothly if you need to cancel.|
We're sorry to see you go. If QuickBooks Online isn't the right fit for you, we want to help you get the right tools for you. Here's how to cancel your subscription or trial.
Cancel your QuickBooks Online subscription
The steps for cancelling QuickBooks Online depend on where you signed up for your subscription. If you signed up through a mobile app store, you’ll need to go to your app store to cancel.
Follow the steps based on where you bought your QuickBooks Online subscription.
Cancel an account purchased online, directly from Intuit
- Open a web browser on your computer, not a mobile device.
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online as an admin user.
- Select Settings ⚙ and then Account and settings.
- Go to the Billing & Subscription tab.
Note: if you don't see the Billing and Subscription tab, then you bought QuickBooks through a mobile app store. See the steps for your device below.
- In the QuickBooks section, select Cancel subscription or Cancel online. If you're cancelling a trial, select Cancel trial.
- Follow the onscreen steps.
Cancel a subscription purchased through the Apple App Store (iOS, iPhone, iPad)
- Go to Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select your Name.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Select QuickBooks Online.
- Select Cancel.
You can also use the official steps from Apple.
Cancel a subscription purchased through the Google Play Store (Android phones and tablets)
- Go to the Play Store app.
- Select the Profile icon.
- Select Payments & subscriptions, then select Subscriptions.
- Select the QuickBooks Online app.
- On the Manage subscriptions window, select Cancel subscription.
You can also use the official steps from Google.
Cancel a suspended subscription
If your account is suspended, you need to resubscribe and reactivate it before you can cancel. We'll also automatically cancel your subscription after three failed attempts to charge your payment method.
Learn what happens to your data after you cancel
For paid and trial subscriptions, we hang on to your data for one year. This lets you pick up where you left off if you decide to come back. We delete the data after that. When you log in to the Company Selection page, you can view the expired files under Cancelled Companies.