Currently we are posting the journals from QuickBooks Online Payroll to a generic bank account that QuickBooks Online selects.
We are now allowing users the ability to select the account to post their net pay to, the journals cannot be posted if the account is in a different currency (Non GBP).
Follow the steps below to complete the mapping:
- If you are a new user to QuickBooks Online Standard Payroll, you will see a new Getting Started Wizard. Select Pay your employees button.
- On the next page, you will be prompted to enter an account you would like to map your payroll liabilities to and select Save.
If you wish to do this later on or change the account you have previously selected, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Gear icon on the top right and select Accounts and Settings.
- Select Payroll on the left menu.
- Under Journal Mapping section, click on the Pencil icon to make your change and Save.