How do you record paying a credit note to a sales customer in cash??
Welcome to the community page,
Are you referring to a refund, the steps below will show you how to do this.
Refund your customers
1. Go to the + icon in the top right corner of the screen and create a expense
2. select the customer, the date the money left your account and expense from the debtors account- save and close
3. go back to the + icon, select credit note, fill in the customer name and amount- save and close
4. go to sales on the left side of your screen, click customers at the top of your screen and find the appropriate customer
5. click new transaction on the top right of your screen and select payment
6. on the next screen tick the expense and credit note (make sure no other transactions are ticked- save and close)
(en-gb) You have clicked a link to a site outside of the QuickBooks Community. By clicking "Continue", you will leave the Community and be taken to that site instead.
Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type.
We have to collect some data when you use this website so it works and is secure. We'd also like your consent to collect data to study how people use our site. Doing so helps us improve our services and allows us to tailor the marketing you see on our site. Select 'Accept all' to agree or 'Manage consents' to choose which cookies we use. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the 'Manage Cookies' link.
Choose your cookie preferences
Some cookies are needed to make our website work and can't be turned off. But we need your consent to use others that are not essential. You can make your choices below and update them at any time using the 'Manage Cookies' link. To find out more, visit our Cookies Policy.
These cookies are necessary for the site to function. They also help us keep your data safe.
These cookies allow us to enhance your experience and remember your preferences, region or country, language, and accessibility options.
These cookies tell us how customers use our website. We study and organize this data to help us optimise our content and provide you with personalised experiences.
These cookies help us provide you with relevant communications and ads in our products and on other sites.