This article details the key dates over the 2019/2020 year end period:
- 5 April 2020: End of the 2019/2020 tax year.
- 6 April 2020: Start of the 2020/2021 tax year.
- 19 April 2020: QuickBooks Desktop: Last date for making FPS by employers to HMRC
- 20 April 2020: QuickBooks Desktop: Notify HMRC if you have any corrections to 2019/2020.
- 31 May 2020: Last date to issue P60s to your employees.
QuickBooks Online: At the end of the 2019/2020 tax year HMRC have extended the functionality of the Full Payment Submission to include the features seen in the Earlier Year Update.
Making corrections in QuickBooks Online for 2019/2020
If you have run any payrolls for 2020/2021, you will need to delete them. Some other things to note before making any changes:
- Please ensure all payslips & reports are downloaded before you recreate the payrolls again
- Check you have the correct tax codes and pension contributions for the relevant tax years
- When submitting the correction for 2019/2020, make sure you keep the payment date the same (i.e in the prior tax year)
- You will be asked for the late reason on the submission which should be H