This article details the key dates over the 2019/2020 year end period:
- 5 April 2019: End of the 2018/9 tax year.
- 6 April 2019: Start of the 2019/2020 tax year.
- 19 April 2019:
- QuickBooks Desktop: Last date for making FPS by employers to HMRC
- 20 April 2019:
- QuickBooks Desktop: Notify HMRC if you have any corrections to 2018/2019.
- 31 May 2019: Last date to issue P60's to your employees.
QuickBooks Online: From 2018/9 HMRC has made it optional to use either an earlier year update or a Full Payment Submission to nofiy them about changes after April 2019. Our online products will be using the FPS method going forward.
Making corrections in QuickBooks Online for 2018/9
If you have run any payrolls for 2019/2020, you will need to delete them. Some other things to note before making any changes:
- Please ensure all payslips & reports are downloaded before you recreate the payrolls again
- Check you have the correct tax codes and pension contributions for the relevant tax years
- When submitting the correction for 2018/9, make sure you keep the payment date the same(i.e in the prior tax year)
- You will be asked for the late reason on the submission which should be H