Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Online Payroll, entering negatiev tax code (UK)

Hi, I'm hoping someone in the UK can help me with this.


I've just received an HMRC coding notice and need to change a tax code in QBO Online Payroll to K242 - a "K" code denotes a negative tax allowance. Unfortunately Online Payroll doesn't appear to accept this tax code as being valid. Any ideas how I can enter this?



Experienced Member

Re: Online Payroll, entering negatiev tax code (UK)


Solved it myself! You need to enter a capital "K" not a lower-case "k".



Re: Online Payroll, entering negatiev tax code (UK)

Hi, @PaulClark!


Welcome to the U.K QB Community!


Awesome work resolving the query yourself. I am a QB user too and I always try and solve my queries first, this helps me practice and strengthen my skills - it makes me feel rather smug too when I master it! 


I would love to know more about you! Are you an accountant? Do you own a small business? Are you self-employed?

QB Community Home          Talk About Your Business 

         Find Inspiration