Learn how to fix any errors you see when you install QuickBooks Desktop.
If you run into trouble installing QuickBooks Desktop, or opening it after you install, we’re here to help. Follow the steps in this article for these errors and issues:
- Error 1402
- Error 1603
- Error 1722
- Error 1903
- Error 1935
- Microsoft .NET Framework errors
- Errors related to damaged MSXML and C++
- “QuickBooks has stopped working” messages when opening QuickBooks Desktop
If you see any of the errors below, follow the links and steps to fix them:
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps fix common errors.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop).
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Note: If you can't find the icon, do a search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the program.
Step 2: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- In the tools hub, select Installation Issues.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Let the tool run. It can take up to 20 minutes.
- When the tool finishes, restart your computer.
Step 3: Update Windows
Updates prevent and often fix install errors.
- Review the “how to manually update” sections of this Microsoft article and update your version of Windows.
- Once the update finishes, restart your computer.
- If you were able to open QuickBooks before you saw the error, Open QuickBooks and your company file.
- If you weren't able to finish installing QuickBooks, install QuickBooks Desktop again.
If you can install and open QuickBooks, everything is fixed. If you continue to see issues, move on to Step 4.
Step 4: Manually fix Windows components
If the QuickBooks Install Tool and the update didn’t fix the error, you can repair specific Windows components yourself.
However, you should only do these troubleshooting steps you’re an IT professional, confident Windows user, or working with the experts from Microsoft support.
If you can install and open QuickBooks, you’re good to go. If you still see problems, move on to Solution 3.
Solution 5: Use Selective Startup to install QuickBooks Desktop
To get around third-party apps that may block the install, like antivirus and antispyware programs, install QuickBooks while in Selective Startup (Safe Mode).
If you’re still having issues, we recommend reaching out to an IT professional. These errors indicate there may be a general issue with Windows.